Monday, July 26, 2010

Greek's Pizzeria

I've never really understood how the Papa Murphy's locations stay in business. I don't necessarily think the pizza is so bad, but Papa Murphy's fails for me in that part of why I get take home pizza is that I want it baked, warm and ready once I get home. My worst experience with it was in a large group and one oven in the home.... how little sense does it make to eat in slow waves.... Blah.

So, what does this have to do with Greeks Pizzeria? Well, after having Greeks, my feeling was it explained why some people go to Papa Murphy's. The taste of Greeks was okay, but... ultimately, for the taste, I do guess I'd just as soon spend half the money and bring home a pizza from Papa Murphy's and bake it myself. We tried the Greek's Special, and it was just okay. If you're going to spend $14.50 on a medium pizza, I'd say you're far better off at Donato's or Mellow Mushroom. Shoot, I do feel like Domino's has made some major improvements with their new crust, so why not try some of their deals instead and get a Domino's for much cheaper?

I'm not fond of being especially mean on here, but my feeling about Greek's was that Greek's ultimately explained where the "Delivery? no, DiGiorno!" ad idea came from. I'm not sure who would win in a taste test between Greeks or DiGiorno.... and, I'm not sure it really matters.

The verdict: 1.5 belly rubs (out of 5). There's a lot better choices out there.

No comments: