Friday, May 28, 2010

Product Review: Almond Joy Pieces

A commenter had mentioned that instead of looking for the coconut flavored M&M's, I should skip that chase and go right for the new Almond Joy Pieces.... sounded like a good suggestion, so wandering around the store, I found some and threw in a grab bag worth.



I do like Almond Joy, much better than Mounds. I just like the big almond piece. So, I think going in I was expecting the wrong thing. I was assuming you'd get a big piece of almond with a coating of the coconut, um... nougat?.... and than the candy shell.... instead, the pieces are more the size of a plain M&M or a Reese's Piece... it is pleasing, "fun" to have in this delivery style, and has a good coconut flavor much like the full candy bar. But, the tiny bits of almond are pretty small, and hard to really identify as you plow through a handful.

So, overall, a good tasting candy, but personally I'd prefer a lot more focus on the almond. So, personally, I'll likely stick with the regular Almond Joy bar.

The verdict: 3.5 belly rubs (out of 5)

Idea: you know what I've long thought I'd like to see a bag of? Those rolled, nut-covered raisins from Raisin Nut Bran.... man, give me a bag full of those for regular snacking, or tossing into granola, with yogurt, on a salad... I'm just a huge, huge fan....


No comments: