Friday, September 10, 2010

Product Review: Chocolate-covered Halloween Peep

Trolling through the super market, I couldn't resist grabbing one of these chocolate covered Peeps, this one being a pumpkin. Of course, as you can see, once I opened the package, the product itself doesn't really resemble the item on the wrapper very well.

Now, I don't really care for Peeps. Being chocolate covered, it made this a lot more acceptable. But, once you bite through it, the marshmallow itself is a deep, rich, vibrant orange - and with one look, the Better Half no longer had an interest in tasting this one. Anyhow, it is soft, gooey, super-sweet. More than anything, it gives me an excuse to link to this fantastic gallery of the Washington Post's annual Peeps contest, where they seek submissions of creative projects using the marshmallow peeps.


And, if you happen to be a fan of ESPN's TMQ column, you know that his Unified Theory of Creep is about how stuff creeps in to stores earlier and earlier each year for holidays, most notably Christmas. With the potential for mid-80 degree days, it certainly seems summerish still, but this morning I biked in to work, and it was a crisp morning and I wore a fleece... so, I don't know if it is too early for Halloween junk or not.....

No comments: